Stay up-to-date with the latest COVID-19 information

Solid fuel burner consents

To find out more about approved solid fuel burners, pellet burners or Nelson's Air Quality Plan, please refer to the Air Quality page on this website.

Submitting the consent application

Proof of ownership

Council will accept a current Rates demand as proof of ownership (for solid fuel applications only).  This will be checked when your building consent is received.


Council has set fees for solid fuel burner consents. They are based on average processing times and number of inspections.  Please note: if your application requires longer to process or re-inspections are required, you will receive an additional invoice.

Council is required to collect levies for the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, and BRANZ.  These levies are based on the value of works $20,000 and over and are explained in the Building Unit Fees and Charges.

Apply Now